Overview Of Features
The ABB machinery micro drive ACS355 includes all your machine building needs in one drive.
If you are a system integrator, original equipment manufacturer or panel builder, the ACS355 is ABBs top tier micro drive. It is focused on material handling, food and beverage applications, processing of rubber, plastic and wood. You have a cost effective, versatile drive offering the best connectivity in its class. Installation and commissioning is simple and easy, saving you labor time.
ACS355-03U-02A4-4+J404 – Product Highlights:
- 0.37 to 22 kW/0.5 to 30 hp
- Optimized design for cabinet installations saves space and installation time
- Wide range of fieldbus adapters available offer flexible connectivity
- Vector control capable of running both asynchronous motors and permanent magnet motors
- Simple and visual sequence programming to make independent and repeatable operation sequences
- Wall-mounted IP66/67 product variant up to 7.5 kW / 10 hp for harsh environments
- Pre-defined application macros for quick basic setup
- Unified height and depth of the IP20 product family simplifies wiring in cabinet installations
Technical documentation for ABB Drives is available in our Technical Library.
Superior Drive Performance:
ACS355-03U-02A4-4+J404 – Modes Of Operation:
- V / Hz (Constant or Variable)
- Variable Torque Control
- Open-Loop Vector Control
ACS355-03U-02A4-4+J404 – Performance Features:
- Worldwide availability and service
- Exceptionally compact drives and uniform design
- Quick commissioning with application macros and panel assistants
- Safe torque-off function (SIL3 ) as standard
- Sensorless vector control for induction and permanent magnet motors
- Built-in brake chopper
- High protection class variants for demanding environments
ACS355-03U-02A4-4+J404 – Drive Specifications:
- 2 Analog Inputs (0 – 10 VDC, 2 – 10 VDC, 0 – 20 mA, 4 – 20 mA)
- 1 Analog Output (0 – 20 mA)
- 5 Digital Inputs (12 – 24 VDC with internal or external supply)
- 1 Digital / Frequency Output (PNP)
- 1 Relay Output (12 to 250 VAC or max 30 VDC)
- 0 – 599 Hz operating frequency
- 4 – 16 kHz switching frequency
Saving Time In Installation And Commissioning
The drive’s compact and uniform dimensions facilitate multiple drive solutions and cabinet installations. Different mounting options enable flexible installation in restricted spaces. With the FlashDrop tool the drive can be pre-configured in seconds without powering the drive. The drive’s application macros and assistants enable fast and easy commissioning.
Saving Cost With Cutting-Edge Intelligence And Flexibility
Up to eight pre-set sequences of operations can be created in minutes with the drive’s PC tool to reduce the need for external PLC components. Versatile fieldbus connectivity to most PLCs on the market is also available. The drive includes Safe torque-off function as standard helping machine builders to fulfill the latest machinery directives.
Additional features include Speed Compensated Stop. This makes the drive ideal for material handling applications that require precision stopping that is independent of variations in process speed. For demanding environments high protection class variants are available in IP66/IP67/UL Type 4X classes that are NSF certified.
ACS355-03U-02A4-4+J404 – Popular Applications Include:
- Booster pumps
- Irrigation systems
- Level control
- Centrifugal fans
- … And many others!
ACS355-03U-02A4-4+J404 – Global Standards:
- UL (North America)
- cUL (Canada)
- CE Low Voltage Directive (EN61800-5-1) (Europe)
- GOST (Russia / Ukraine)
- C-Tick (Australia / New Zealand)
- Low voltage Directive 2006/95/EC with supplements
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- EMC Directive 2004/108/EC with supplements
- RoHS compliant
ACS355-03U-02A4-4+J404 – Environment:
- Ambient Temperature: -10 Degrees Celsius to 50 Degrees Celsius
- Relative Humidity: 10% to 95% Non-Condensing