PSE30-600-70 – ABB PSE Series Softstarter, 10 HP / 7.5 kW @ 240V, 20 HP / 15 kW @ 480V, 25 HP / 18.5 kW @ 600V, 3 Phase Input, 3 Phase Output, Control Voltage: 100 – 250 VAC, IP20, 28 Amps
13 in stock
The PSE series softstarters are one of the latest innovations from ABB. It is built to ensure an optimal balance between high starting capacity and cost efficiency. The new PSE softstarters are designed by taking into considerations the modern needs of worldwide industries. One of the key problems that the PSE series softstarters intend to solve is water hammering. Known as a phenomenon where the water collides with the pump and valve at great force when the pump is stopped, water hammering is known to decrease the lifespan of the pump and related mechanism. The PSE series softstarters is built with a torque control mechanism. This advanced feature prevents the motor from stopping right away and resulting in excessive stress on the pump. The PSE softstarters also featured protective coatings on the circuit board, which ensure the unit last in harsh environment [caption id="attachment_54723" align="alignnone" width="335"] PSE series softstarter[/caption] While the PSE series softstarters is built for simplicity and efficiency, that doesn’t mean that system installers will have to struggle with the setups. The softstarter has a built-in LCD and keypad which provides a convenient interface for both configuration and monitoring. During operations, the technicians can obtain the status of the softstarter instantly from the four LEDs on the panel. Energy efficiency is crucial in industrial application, and the PSE series softstarters are engineered with that in mind. The softstarters feature built-in by-pass that minimize energy usage when the full voltage is achieved. Highlights of the PSE Series softstarters:
- Wide rated operational voltage 208–600 V AC
- Wide rated control supply voltage 100–250 V, 50/60 Hz
- Rated operational current 18 to 370 A
- Wide ambient temperature range, -25 to +60 degrees Celsius
- Coated circuit boards for reliable operation in harsh environments
- Built-in by-pass on all sizes, saving energy and reducing installation time
- User friendly HMI with illuminated language neutral display and four button keypad
- Torque control for excellent control of pumps
- Current limit, adjustable between 1,5-7xIe
- Motor overload protection with classes 10A, 10, 20 and 30
- Motor underload protection and locked rotor protection
- Kick start to start jammed pumps or conveyor belts
- Analog output showing operational current, 4-20 mA
- Prepared for fieldbus communication using Profibus, Modbus, Devicenet or CANopen
PSE30-600-70 PSE Series Features
1. PSE30-600-70 PSE Series Motor ProtectionThe PSE series is built with both overload and underload protection. Overheating on the PSE softstarters will be a non-issue as it has the ability to detect stalled motor. The softstarter can also intelligently detect broken belts and dry pumps to activate the necessary response for underload protection.
2. PSE30-600-70 PSE Series Analog OutputWhile the PSE series softstarters are equipped with modern LCD HMI, analog outputs are not neglected either. With a standard 4-20 mA analog output, an analog meter can be installed to monitor the current usage in real time without installing a current transformer.
3. PSE30-600-70 Fieldbus CommunicationAn optional Fieldbus communication module can be integrated into the PSE series softstarters. This allows the softstarter to be connected to remote servers or PLC with standard industrial protocols. By doing so, technicians can configure, support and monitor the softstarter remotely, making maintenance more efficient.
PSE30-600-70 PSE Series Other Features
1. PSE30-600-70 Specifications
- Degree of protection (Operational circuit) : IP 00
- Operating position : Vertical at ± 30°
- Ambient temperature
- Storage: -40° C to + 70° C (-40 o F to 158 o F)
- Operation: -25°C to + 40° C (-13 o F to 104 o F) without derating. + 40° C to + 60° C (104 o F to 140 o F) with derating 0.6 % /1 o C (0.6% / 1,8 o F).
- 1000 m (3281 ft.) above sea level without derating.
- 1000-4000 m (3281 - 13123 ft.) above sea level with derating 0.007% / m
- Pollution degree :3
- Relative humidity : 5-95% (non-condensing)
- Standards : IEC 60947-1 | IEC 60947-4-2 | EN 60947-1 | EN 60947-4-2 : UL 508
2. PSE30-600-70 Technical Data
- Rated insulation voltage, Ui : 600 V
- Rated operational voltage, Ue : 208-600 V 50 / 60 Hz
- Rated control supply voltage, Us : 100 - 250 V 50 / 60 Hz
- Voltage tolerance : +10% to -15%
- Frequency tolerance : ± 5%
- Rated impulse withstand voltage : 6 kV operational circuit / 4 kV control supply circuit
- Number of controlled phases : 2
- Inputs : Reset
- Analog out : 4-20 mA
- Cooling system : Fan
- Rated form : Form 1
- Rated duty : Uninterrupted
- EMC : IEC 60947-4-2 Class A Lloyds Register (2002)
- Recommended fuse Supply circuit : 6A Delayed MCB use characteristics
- Communication protocols : DeviceNet/Profibus/Modbus/CANopen
3. PSE30-600-70 Weights
- ..60 : 2.4 kg / 5.3 lbs
- ..105 : 2.5 kg / 5.5 lbs
- ..170 : 4.2 kg / 9.2 lbs
- PSE210 : 4 kg / 27.3 lbs
- ..370 : 13.9 kg / 30.6 lbs
4. PSE30-600-70 LED Status Indicators
- Ready ( Green)
- Off: when control supply voltage Us is off or unconnected.
- Flashing light when control supply voltage Us is On and operational voltage Ue is Off.
- Steady light when control supply voltage Us is On, and operational voltage Ue is On
- Run (Green)
- Off when the motor not is running.
- Flashing light when softstarter is controlling operational voltage Ue during start or stop ramp.
- Steady light when full operational voltage Ue is on at Top of Ramp.
- Protection (Yellow)
- Off: when the softstarter has not tripped on any protection
- Steady light on protection when reset is not possible.
- Flashing light on protection when reset is possible
- Fault (Red)
- Off: when the softstarter has not tripped on any fault
- Steady light on fault when reset is not possible.
- Flashing light on fault when reset is possible.
1508 W 6th St Mishawaka, IN 46544
Free Shipping on Orders Over $300
*Cart total must exceed $300 before taxes. Some product exclusions may apply, discount is applied automatically in the cart during checkout.
From The Blog:
- EATON SVX9000 Training Lesson 3: How To Restart The Startup Wizard – VFDs
- EATON SVX9000 Training Lesson 2: Basic Parameter Programming And Startup – VFDs
- EATON SVX9000 Training Lesson 1: Basic Input Voltage & Motor Wiring – VFDs
- ABB ACS355 Training Lesson 11: Diagnostic Fault Monitoring, History And Troubleshooting – VFDs
- ABB ACS355 Training Lesson 10: Feedback Monitoring Of Inputs, Outputs, Voltages And Current – VFDs